6 Anti-Glare Monitors That Stop Annoying Reflections
If you buy something using the retail links in our articles, sometimes we earn a small affiliate commission. This does not impact the products we recommend.
On top of making text difficult to read and videos less enjoyable to view, the constant glare from a glossy screen used in a room with bright light sources, can cause you to experience eyestrain, headaches, migraines, mental fatigue.
The addition of an anti-glare film can disperse the light hitting the screen and prevent 90%+ of light being reflected without overly affecting the delivery of color.
However not all anti-glare monitors are equal.
We pick a selection of 6 monitors that deliver on providing a non-reflective display as well as impressive specs overall, for a top value price point.
If you were instead keen on picking up a monitor designed with your eyesight first and foremost, don’t worry, we’ve got that selection for you here (best 4K monitors that prevent eye-strain).
Our Pick – Lenovo Q24h-10 24 Inch 1440p QHD Monitor
- This stunning 23.8" IPS QHD panel makes your work stand out. You'll never miss a detail on the 3-side NearEdgeless display with a 178° viewing angle
- Great for casual gaming, the Lenovo Q24h-10 offers a 75Hz refresh rate and 4ms response time
- AMD FreeSync technology provides smooth, stutter-free video; Two integrated 3W speakers deliver quality audio
- This USB-C Hub monitor offers a one-cable solution for power, data, video, and audio transfers with up to 80W power delivery to compatible devices by USB Type-C
- Flicker-free, low blue light, and anti-glare technology; This TÜV Rheinland Eye Comfort-certified monitor reduces eye strain
Although effective anti-glare properties is the common denominator across all monitors in this shortlist, the Lenovo Q24h-10 is an excellent all-round monitor irrespective of what spec you’re measuring.
It’s considered design with 3 quarter ultra thin bezels and a sleek stand are matched with a better than average refresh rate (75Hz), versatile connectivity (DisplayPort + HDMI) and in-built speakers.
The 1440p resolution matte display is designed with your eyes in mind having been TUV certified for having a low blue light output, and coated with an anti-glare layer that reduces total direct reflections down to 1.0% without negatively impacting the depth and accuracy of colors displayed on screen.
Best of all the Q24h-10 is available at an almost entry level price tag.
|The anti-glare coating directly reflects only 1.0% of light as direct reflections|
|9m thin bezels on 3 sides gives it a premium infinity display appearance|
|Includes in-built speakers despite the ultra thin profile|
|Port connections which include DisplayPort as well as the usual HDMI and USB|
|The minimalist stand saves space whilst including a cable management hook|
|We Don’t Like|
|Nit picking, the response time of 4ms will make it slightly on the slow side if you wish to use it for gaming|
|The stand does not enable height adjustments, or transition to vertical mode|
Budget Pick – Dell P2419H 24 Inch 1080p IPS Monitor
- More room to work: Free up valuable desk space with a thin monitor profile and a small monitor base; Contrast ratio: 1000:1
- Consistent and rich colors: A wide viewing angle enabled by in-plane switching technology lets you see vibrant colors—no matter where you sit
- Expand your efficiency: The three-sided ultrathin bezel design lets you enjoy an uninterrupted view of your content across multiple monitors
- This TUV certified monitor has a flicker-free screen with comfort view, a feature that reduces harmful blue light emissions. It's designed to optimize eye comfort even over extended viewing
- 60 hertz
The thin bezels and low price point of the Del 2419H make it an ideal candidate to slot into a multi monitor setup – especially one aimed at improving productivity.
A selection of ports that include a DisplayPort (to allow daisy chaining), as well as HDMI provide options on how the screen is connected, whilst the multi-function stand allows transition from horizontal to vertical in no time.
Although the 1080p resolution and 60Hz refresh rate are nothing particularly remarkable, when backed by the build quality of Dell makes the 2419H a solid, steady reliable monitor that has been incredibly well reviewed by the vast majority of those who have welcomed it into their setup.
|Matte finished screen with ComfortView|
|Connectivity (DisplayPort and HDMI) normally excluded from budget monitor builds|
|The monitor stand has the ability to flip into vertical mode easily|
|We Don’t Like|
|Granted the build quality is high, but should you encounter an issue, Dell’s customer support has been known to leave a lot to be desired|
Also Great – MSI Optix G273QF 27 Inch WQHD 1440p Monitor
- 27" IPS panel (2560 x 1440 QHD)
- Viewing Angle is 178° (H) / 178° (V); Brightness is 300nits; Aspect Ratio is 16:9
- 165Hz refresh rate - Display without after image.
- 1ms response time helps eliminate screen tearing and choppy frame rates
- Wide view angle - 178° visible.
When dialled into a gaming session, especially a long one, it’s important to have a monitor that is not only fast but also considerate towards your eyesight.
MSI’s Optix G273QF ticks both those boxes by using a matte IPS display that responds in 1ms whilst reflects only 2.4% of the light it receives as direct reflections.
The specs which help create a true gaming experience continue with the 1440p resolution is G-Sync compatible and refreshed at 165Hz when connected via DisplayPort (hooking up the monitor to one of the two HDMI ports will allow you to play at 144Hz).
Despite primarily being aimed at the gaming audience the styling isn’t overly flashy (no bright colored accents on the bezels or RGB lighting unit built into the stand), which we appreciate, as it makes the G273OF an excellent display to cross over between work and play.
|Incredibly fast 1ms response time|
|165Hz refresh rate|
|Unlike other gaming monitors it doesn’t have it’s appearance interrupted by blazing RGB lights|
|The monitor is mounted on a quick release VESA compatible stand|
|DisplayPort and HDMI ports|
|We Don’t Like|
|The stand is rather basic, providing limited versatility and no cable management features|
|To get the most out of this monitor, your system should be kitted out with at least a mid-range GPU|
Also Great – Dell S2721D 27 Inch 1440p QHD 1440p IPS Ultra-Thin Bezel Monitor
- Modern, elegant design with a subtle textured pattern at the back of the monitor has its own unique look.
The reflection reducing capabilities of the Dell S2721D are outstanding.
With only 0.5% of light directly reflected back at you, this monitor should have absolutely no problem being used even in rooms with a bright light source.
Two HDMI 1.4 and One DisplayPort 1.2 provide ample connection points which is useful for multi-monitor setups (especially those powered by laptop).
G-Sync works over the DisplayPort connection and gaming is possible with an o.k. 4m/s response time, and slightly better than standard refresh rate of 75Hz.
Searching for points of improvement, the supplied stand is really limited in its movements, being capable only capable of a slight tilt forward and back.
If you need height or swivel capabilities in amongst your setup you’re going to have to stump up for a monitor arm.
Another point to consider is that during a test conducted by RTINGS the out of the box color accuracy is very average, but with calibration can become excellent.
|Superb anti-glare properties that prevents 99.5% of light being directly reflected|
|Three sides of the monitor have 6mm thin bezels|
|1440p resolution with Freesync and G-Sync compatibility|
|In-built 3W speakers|
|We Don’t Like|
|The supplied stand features tilt adjustments only|
|Monitor needs calibrating straight out of the box to improve color accuracy|
Also Great – LG 27GL83A-B QHD 27 Inch Ultragear IPS Monitor
- Designed for gaming, this monitor with a 1-millisecond (GtG) response time delivers all of the benefits of IPS (In-Plane Switching), delivering responsive, crisp visuals with sharp clarity to immerse you in gameplay.Aspect ratio:16:9
- Color accuracy with sRGB 99% and wide viewing angles (up to 178° horizontal / 178° vertical) from IPS reproduce colors with high fidelity to being vivid scenes to life
- A high native 144Hz refresh rate with 1-millisecond Motion Blur Reduction keeps you firmly in the action while reducing blur and ghosting, rendering screen objects more clearly
- With compatible video cards, NVIDIA G-SYNC and AMD FreeSync Premium virtually eliminate screen tearing and minimize stutter in high-resolution and fast-paced games for a fast and fluid gaming experience
- Dynamic Action Sync helps reduce input lag to help you respond to on-screen action quickly. Black Stabilizer dynamically brightens dark scenes to help you find enemies in the dark. Enhance your accuracy in firefights with the Crosshair feature
With a 144Hz 1440p IPS panel, the LG 27GL83A-B is a real fan favorite amongst gamers looking for a high spec monitor without the matching price tag.
The semi-gloss coating satisfies our anti-glare wishes by diffusing light to a point where only 2.2% of light is reflected back off the screen as direct reflections, whilst the 1m/s response time compliments the high refresh rate to make a very capable unit.
The supplied stand is also a real positive feature of this monitor, allowing an ergonomic sweet spot to be tailored in both landscape and portrait orientation.
If you plan on mounting the display upon a third party arm however be aware that the recessed location of the VESA mounting points mean that not every monitor arm is capable.
|Anti-glare coating prevents 97.8% of light hitting the screen from reflecting back in your direction|
|High refresh rate of 144Hz|
|Top end 1ms response time|
|G-Sync compatible + Freesync|
|DisplayPort and HDMI ports|
|The provided stand can be pivoted into vertical mode easily|
|We Don’t Like|
|A USB-C port is lacking from the selection of inputs|
|Together the stand and monitor combined are almost 6 inches wide|
|The VESA mount on the rear of the monitor isn’t compatible to all monitor arms, despite being VESA compliant|
Also Great – LG 34WN80C-B 34 Inch Curved UltraWide WQHD (3440 x 1440) IPS Monitor
- 34” 21: 9 WQHD (3440 X 1440) Curved IPS display
- USB type-C connectivity
- HDR 10 compatible
- Supports sRGB 99% color gamut
- Height & tilt adjustable stand
The first and only curved display on our shortlist is the LG 34WN80C-B.
The eye catching ultrawide IPS display allows the 99% coverage of the sRGB spectrum to be appreciated from almost all angles.
LG’s ‘OnScreen’ control function allows the extensive screen to be split into up to 4 windows, each capable of being assigned a particular function.
With the Ultrawide display a 3-way split with one window running the full length of the monitor is perfect for editing videos.
Diverse connectivity is provided by 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort with an upstream USB-C also allowing 60W to be delivered to charge peripherals or a phone.
The stand of course is heavy duty to cope with the 23.3lb weight of the monitor, and does well to accommodate height and tilt adjustability. Left and right swivel however is off the cards.
For full ergonomic capabilities you’ll need to pair the display with a monitor arm for heavy monitors.
In terms of managing reflections the 34WN80C-B is at a disadvantage when it comes to dispersing light away from the monitor user vs a flat monitor. This is because the angle of the glass means more light will be reflected in the direction of users eyes.
The anti-glare film that coats the monitor has however been favourably reviewed many times by verified purchasers.
|Despite being a curved screen the anti-glare coating prevents any distracting reflections|
|The 21:9 aspect ratio creates enough space to support multiple large windows within a single monitors|
|A USB-C has the ability to deliver 60W of charge to a device|
|We Don’t Like|
|The weight of the monitor makes it unsuitable for many after marker monitor arms|